The following is a summary of changes noticed this month, as a result of having done CrossFit since January 8, 2013.
- A secondary fitness item is part of a schedule now as AquaFit is in weekly schedule. Feels good to be in the water & stretch.
- Moved the furniture in my house: piano, heavy mahogany (old) buffet, china cabinet, on my own.
- Found a great new coffee place — awesome coffee — means no milk — Paleo! Thanks Monigram Coffee Roasters
- I am more nimble, such as when moving around when in a “squat”, “perching’
- Burpees are using a little jump as compared to just struggling to get off the ground
- Situps are now firing more like a situp, ie abs, arms, hips
- Did my first team WOD by participating in a “bring a friend” session.
- Did my first double under — only did one, but it is a start
- You can see my strength progression in this link, and my Named Wod’s here:
- 3X in Jan. Wore a size 14 blouse from Laura’s this month, but most are 1x or 16.
- 26w in Jan. Wearing size 16 or 18 pants.
- I have knees. (Those of you who are big will understand this)
- Resting heart rate down from 82 in Jan to 62 in Aug– based on this chart, I went from below average to good
- Blood pressure was sitting at 144/72 after minor surgery. Not bad considering how big that I still am
- Measurements: Jan to July to Aug: Left Arm 15.5 =>13.5 ->, Bust ? now ? ->, Chest 44.5 =>41.5-> , Waist 53 =>44->, Butt 50.5 =>47->, Thigh 28.5 =>25.5-> *** note original measurements were done poorly. Will be interesting to see the progression.
- Weight went from 268 in Jan to 225 in Aug.
- Went & had my ears re-pierced . Face is slimmer & earrings look better.
- Was able to have colonoscopy at clinic which means not “high risk”. It was also clear.
- Had a bad eating week, but even with it, was able to bring myself back into line.
- Shopping at second hand store for smaller sizes so that I can shrink without spending a fortune on clothes. Important to have clothes that fit.
- Helped as part of CrossFit community by doing the HotShots Wod at CrossFit Brantford.
For previous months changes: here is July’s