The following is a summary of changes noticed this month, as a result of having done CrossFit since January 8, 2013.
- No longer have to call the boys to open jars, haven’t found one in a long time that I can’t open — woot — thank-you kettle bell and pushups
- slacked off for diet the first week, but eating lots of fresh Ontario vegetables now, thankful for farmers.
- find that I wake up at 4:45am before the alarm, tells me my body is getting used to the earlier start of the day and my sleeping is solid.
- Driving is easier now. For example I am able to reach back and grab my purse from backseat, turning around to backup, getting in & out of car, getting stuff out of trunk. My gut is no longer even close to the steering wheel
- Sleeping is “normal” now. Snoring is rare. Able to flip over in my sleep, so good solid sleep patterns. Did you know that a morbidly obese person is like a whale or a big seal? It isn’t exactly easy to roll over and so you just don’t do it while you are sleeping.
- No longer afraid of bench seats at restaurants. Previously my gut hit the table and some were getting too small. Now, lots of room.
- did two RX wod’s this month, the first only involved mbc’s and pushups, but it is a sign of improvement and the second was deadlifts & pushups!
- Pushups are much stronger
- Burpees are beginning to right as compared to a slow standup & back down.
- Used a very big band but was able to do a pullup. Moving to ringrows for WOD and band for warmups and open gym.
- You can see my strength progression in this link, and my Named Wod’s here:
- there is actually some muscle forms in my arms/legs, hands are much stronger
- 3x blouses are just too big to wear. 2x are too loose as well under arms. Bought a size 14 that is just a bit snug! 1X (16/18) is a good size and had to pick up a few tops.
- 20W pants are too big. 18W have too much room in the apron area from previous favourite clothes maker. Moved to size 18 at AE
- Left knee is significantly better having recovered from the “getting off a horse” incident in Costa Rica. Right knee rarely gives trouble anymore.
- Able to see parts of my body that I haven’t seen for a while, flexibility improved.
- Resting heart rate down from 82 in Jan to 66 in July — based on this chart, I went from below average to good
- Measurements: Jan to July: Left Arm 15.5 =>13.5, Bust ? now ? , Chest 44.5 =>41.5 , Waist 53 =>44, Butt 50.5 =>47, Thigh 28.5 =>25.5 *** note original measurements were done poorly. Will be interesting to see the progression.
- Weight went from 268 in Jan to 226 in July. Slow currently as body trims. Thankful I have recorded size and measurements for when the scales don’t show net change.
- ps, i turned 55 in Feb, so age is only a factor in the plan.
- Participated in AquaFit with friends. Nice thing to do outside on a hot summer evening.
- Bought my first gym bag!
- Two big “leaf” or yard-waste bags full of clothes: coats, blouses, pants, undergarments, pyjamas went to the Self-Help Food Bank. Hope someone enjoys them. (plus a new pile to go). Wearing clothes that fit is important, as is doing clothes trying on in front of a full length mirror — keeps me honest in terms of how much further to go.
- Haven’t been to Milwaukee for a while so missing the Cream City CrossFit morning crew, but busy at CrossFit Brantford and enjoying the new box.
For previous months changes: here is June’s