The following is a summary of changes noticed this month, as a result of having done CrossFit since January 8, 2013.
- Not a month to expect huge changes as just haven’t been aggressively chasing diet or program
- Diet: Back to cooking in advance, taking lunches and healthy dinners.
- CrossFit: Missed a full week, but most weeks have hit hit 2x or 3x. …..
- Gardening is fun again, not having my gut get in the way reminding me how out of shape that I am. The funny thing is that I actually hurt myself gardening…d’oh…didn’t warm up before ripping out all the ivy
- Deadlift max was 105 in April, did 175 in early June and 205 June 24.
- BS up to 185 and Strict press was 80
- Boxjump: 8″, up from a frustrating 4″ in Feb
- My jogging is really slow, but, shucks, I ran 1.2km the other day..so..things are improving.
- Weight went down to 231 making that 37 pounds gone since January….really slowed down here…and I know it is due to a lack of focus on veggies!
- Size is down from 24w in Jan to 18w, having to folder over the waist due to decrease in stomach apron (fat). 18W pant legs are getting loose…
- More positive results in physical tests at doctor. Had to go for a pre-check prior to be accepting for a colonscopy at a clinic. Doctor was kinda surprised when he saw me. I don’t look like I weight as much as I do.
- Knees continue to improve, though the one that I hurt on the horse is tough.
- Interesting how clothes sizes have changed over the years. I found a pair of shorts from Pennington’s, size 20 in my closet from about 15 years ago. They didn’t fit me in May when I could get into other size 20’s, they did in early June, and now are too big.
- Signed a year contract with CrossFit Brantford…this is a long-term change, not a spot change.
- Became off balance on the stairs as I stepped over an item, and realized I just shifted my balance. That’s big. In the past, I would have fallen.
There are day when changes seem slow. By recording the changes, it helps me focus on the long-term goal and the amazing transformation. It is a continuation of this May post, April Post and this February post