The idea of me getting to CrossFit for 5:30am session had people taking bets. Now it helped that it was CT, so was actually 6:30am for my body clock, but really, getting this body out of bed in the morning has been a challenge for a long time.
This morning, I was up at 6am already cooking supper for tonight, prepping the crockpot, making breakfast, feeding the dog and cat and doing a load of laundry — and no alarms were involved in this shocker.
What’s the difference?
I think a few things.
- reduced weight, though it isn’t significant, I am sleeping better.
- reduced snacking and drinking in the evening, I don’t seem to be waking at 3am
- getting into a regular sleeping pattern, being tired is a new thing.
- hungry when I wake up, I actually have a drive to get out of bed to prep food
- wanting to eat healthy meals implies the crockpot calls first thing in the day
…..and what was I cooking this morning?
Spicy Peanut Chicken:
- Fried up chicken in coconut oil for 8min, then transferred chicken to crockpot.
- Added 1 1/2 cups of onions to the oil in the pan, cooked for 5min, added 2 cloves of minced garlic, added chilis. Added 2 teaspoons of curry powder, fried up. Added 3/4 cup of chicken bouillon, 1/2 can of tomato paste, and heated up. Transferred all over to the chicken without stirring them together.
- Mixed 1/3 cup of smooth peanut butter with 2 tablespoons of hot water until creamy and put on top of onion mix.
- Chopped up 3/4 cup of red pepper, put on top of all.
- Turn on crockpot & wait 8 hours.
- Chop up cucumber, peanuts, cilantro and put on top prior to serving. Serve with couscous and a salad.
Smelled great this morning, and was able to wash all the dishes from last night so kitchen is clean, and of course, put in a load of laundry.
All before 7am.
Crazy, I tell you, crazy